Sunday, March 29, 2015

Friday: Water

Friday was an easier day for me because I tend to be conscious of water usage on the average day.  I didn’t do any laundry and I let the dishes sit for an extra day.  The hardest thing for me is taking shorter showers, because I really enjoy taking long showers, especially in the winter.  On this day, I sucked it up and decided to take a quick shower.  I found myself kind of clueless as to how I can save water other ways so I did a Google search to see what I could find. 

One finding that seems like common sense is to just reuse and re-wear as much as possible.  Luckily, I tend to wear things a few times before washing them because 1. I do not have a washer and dryer at my West Chester house, and 2. I realize that these things are probably not dirty from wearing them one time.  Washers use a TON of water, more than I realized.  So by not using it for small items here and there, you are able to save a lot of water.  I decided to be  even more conscious about the laundry loads I make and try to keep re-wearing clothing until I really need to clean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment