Food day was a bit unsuccessful for me. It was a very busy day, and I was rushing
around a lot so I didn’t really get a chance to go shopping for in-season
foods. I did however have some fruits
and vegetables already in my kitchen at home, but I wasn’t sure where they came
from. I also stuck by the rules of only
eating when I needed to, and not eating things out of boredom or to try
things. Other than that, this day was a
bit of a failure. It made me realize
that it is a little pathetic that I don’t know where my food comes from and
that it is this hard to simply buy and eat locally grown in-season food. It is definitely a habit I would like to
change. In the summer, I do go to farmer’s
markets and try to find back road places where I can buy food, and it is a bit
easier in the summer because there seems to be more options. I would like to begin researching where to
find this food in the winter months because I really have no idea, and it would
have helped me tremendously if I had done the research prior to this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment