Sunday, March 29, 2015

Saturday: Giving Back


Saturday, the day of giving back, made me think a lot.  I had a tough time with this day because I wasn’t in the area to be able to do too much in the West Chester environment.  I had to babysit for most of the day, so I decided to try and think of what I could do to give back.  The people I babysit for have two smaller children, and the 3 year old little boy loves to play outside.  I decided to take them for a stroll around their neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods and pick up trash where I saw it along the way.  I realized that not only is this really great for the assignment today, but it taught me an important lesson.  Even in the times where it seems like you can’t do much to make a difference, you can find some way to do so.  So, even though I was busy the whole day, just by taking a walk and picking up trash where I saw it did help the environment even just a little.  I also liked that the fact that I got the little boy involved because he was enjoying finding things and picking them up to throw them away.  I hoped maybe eventually that will continue into later in his life and he can become an environmentally conscious person.

No comments:

Post a Comment