The day of energy was surprisingly easy for me. I found that this day, I was pretty busy, but
I was conscious to not use much energy in my apartment at West Chester. I did
not watch TV, did not use the microwave or toaster, and I kept the lights off. I did however make coffee first thing in the
morning because I totally forgot it was energy day. I also charged my phone once throughout the
day to a full charge, so that I wouldn’t have to keep plugging it in over the
course of the day.
The biggest struggle came when I had to babysit later. I babysit a three year old boy and a five
month old boy, so as you can imagine, I need energy for some things. The three year old played on the iPad for a
half hour which was the only energy he used, and I kept the TV the whole
time. For the baby, however, certain
things were needed to make sure he was comfortable, such as a certain light in
his room that needed to stay on as well as a humidifier and a noise machine. This made me really aware of the energy it
takes when you have children because kids love electronics and when you have
babies they may need certain things on at all times. It is easy to cut back on as you get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment