Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Monday: Trash


Trash day was very hard for me because I thought it was almost impossible to not create trash.  In the morning I ate yogurt, not from an individual package but from a bigger pint, so I did not create any trash.  I typically do that in the mornings, so I realized that my daily habits no matter how small they may be are impacting more than just me.  I also used a reusable water bottle for the day.  I have a Brita reusable water bottle that for some reason I don’t always use, and I tend to still buy plastic water bottles.  I remember thinking how dumb that was because plastic water bottles seem to be the biggest problem when it comes to trash.  I’m not 100% sure if that’s factually true, but when I think of trash I see scattered on the side of the road, it is usually always water bottles piled up somewhere. The rest of the day I prepared meals I already had at home that were fresh, or I ate snacks that were from a larger container so I wouldn’t be throwing anything out, but the only time I really made trash was when I made chicken and had to throw away the packaging. It was very eye-opening to realize how easy it is to make trash when you aren’t consciously aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment